WE will be open to celebrate Canada Day on Wednesday July 1st from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm!
In order to ensure everyone’s safety, we will be following The Region of Peel’s Public Health guidelines for COVID-19.
During the 2020 Pick Your Own season we will be enforcing the following practices at our farm at all times:
Physical distancing measures need to be respected at all times. (2 meters | 6-1/2 feet)
Before you arrive.
- All participants must have an accessible mask for when safe social distancing is not possible.
- Children under the age of 3 will not be admitted.
No outside bags or containers.
- We will be providing baskets at the entrance for your use.
- Leave your containers at home (or in your vehicle).
- No sampling fruit in the field.
- Wagon rides are not available during this time.
When you arrive.
- Fruit is paid for at the time of entering the premises. (min $5 per person)
- Debit and credit card payments are preferred.
- We operate on a first come, first serve basis! No Reservations Required!
- Ready picked strawberries will also be available on site.
Thank you in advance for your respect and understanding.
Strawberry Picking (Caledon location ONLY)
We make it easy, so you can have the maximum amount of fun. Here’s how it works:
Hours: We are open every day of the week during the season but do have different hours for each day.
Monday – Friday 7:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday & Sunday 7:30am – 3:30pm
July 1st Canada Day 7:30am – 4:00pm
Containers: Please do NOT bring your own containers from home. Baskets will be provided at the entrance. All fruit is paid for prior to entering the premise.
Please note: We do not allow bags for picking.
Pricing: 2 L basket is $10, 4 L basket is $20, and a 6 L basket is $30
Baskets and strawberries are purchased at the entrance to our fields!
Ready Pick Strawberries: Available on-site during the season.
Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen each spring
Location: Our strawberry fields are located at both Downey’s Strawberry & Apple Farm and Downey’s Farm Market across the road. The primary fields are at the Farm Market. Please watch for directional signs when entering the farm to let you know which field is open.
Wagon Rides: Are NOT available at this time due to COVID-19 restrictions!
Weather can impact growing seasons, so please be sure to check back on our website before your visit to ensure your favourite strawberries are ready to be picked.